Saturday, August 29, 2009

Officiant Searching

For the past couple of weeks, I have had one thing on my “to do” list and I am just not sure how to get it done. How do I find a wedding officiant? Seattle Groom and I are not religious. Not being part of any sort of religious group is making this task a little tricky.

I have done the Google searches, the Knot searches and even asked around to a couple of friends who have gotten married somewhat recently. So far, no luck. The people I find through my on-line searches all seem a little too over the top for us and many of our friends had family or family friends officiate their ceremony. I am kind of stuck here!!!

How do you pick someone to marry you to your best friend?

1 comment:

  1. Seattle Bride -

    Yes, this can be quite confusing.

    My husband, Kent, and I have been officiating for 14 for couples who don't attend a church and who would like a very personal, warm, authentic and meaningful ceremony.

    We always listen to you, provide you with over 70 pages of ideas, help you plan out the rehearsal, direct it (if you like), officiate (of course) and on your wedding day check that all the details related to the ceremony have been taken care of.

    You may want to check out our blog (www.aheavenlyceremony.blogspot.com). The ceremonies vary greatly: traditional, chic, down home, cutting edge. We help you make your vision come true (and if you need some help clarifying your thoughts, we can help with that too).

    If you want to write your own vows (I'm a writer/editor and can assist you with that), say "I do," or have one of us say your vows and you repeat after, the choice is always yours.

    In order to have the personal feel, we enjoy talking with the two of you and learning about you so that connection can come through at the ceremony (because it is real).

    Wishing you the best with your wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete