Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Catching Up

I feel kind of like I have neglected my little blog, but in all honesty, there isn't much going on right now!! Here's where we are at:
  • Bridesmaids dresses are all picked out and will be ordered within the next couple of weeks.
  • I did change the shade of blue . . . originally I wanted a light, robins egg blue, but thought i could only get this deeper "pool" blue. As it turns out, I CAN get a lighter blue for the girls' peek-a-boo skirts! Yay!!! And even better? This new blue totally matches the blue of the save the dates and the favor tags, so I won't have to re-do them!!!
  • I still don't know what to do with my hair . . . any ideas? It will be pretty long by March!!
  • The invitation printer people still need all of the guest's addresses before they can print the invitations. That is goal number one for this weekend . . . come Hell or high water! :-)
  • We, and by we I mean Seattle Groom, are still trying to figure out this groomsmen thing.
  • We have to finalize the hotel block before invitations go out.
  • We have to register before the invitations go out . . . which means that we just might have to agree on one or two things sometime soon!
  • Officiants/Photographer/DJ/Cake/Location/Florist are all booked, but starting in January we will have to start meeting with them one by one (again) to talk details and finalize things.
  • We still have to pick out/figure out what the groomsmen will be wearing.
  • Rehearsal dinner still needs to be planned/organized.
  • The favors haven't even started to be worked upon . . . that is a Christmas Vacation activity I think!
  • I want to make a card box. Not something too fancy, but not something tacky either (and trust me, I have seen some VERY tacky card boxes on various wedding blogs and sites).

I guess instead of giving you an update as to what has been done, I gave you a list of what has yet to be done! At times I think about this wedding thing and I think that there isn't much to do, but then, especially once I put it down on paper, I realize that there is still a lot to do!! Now if only I could get motivated, or better yet, motivate my main partner in crime, to get a few things done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment